Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ry's first day at preschool




Rylie has been so excited to start preschool this year. She started at the preschool that I work at (at our gym). She found it so hard to wait for school when the brothers started and she didn't. Finally it came and she was up at 6am waiting to get ready to go. She didn't even eat her breakfast because the excitement was just too much. I thought she might be a little shy to head in, maybe needed me to walk her all the way in...but not so much! I had to beg her at the door to take another picture and give me a hug and a kiss goodbye. I am certain it was much harder for me to have her go to preschool than it was for her. Every day she has even asked why they didn't give her math homework. She apparently takes great notice as to what the brothers bring home from school for homework. This preschool should be lots of fun, she gets to do swimming lessons one day, gymnastics another day and alternate between tennis and dance the other day.
She is soo grown up (and acts like it too). Before school started I took each of the boys out shopping for school clothes so they could pick them out. Rylie was usually there with me and always picking stuff out for herself. This is nothing new since she loves to shop and pick things out, so I just kept saying "not today Rylie." After a couple of these shopping excursions, Rylie came to me and said, "mom, you can't forget about me, I am going to school too!" OOPS! She was right, she was going to school and I had not bought her anything but what 4-year old says that. So we had our own little mommy daughter shopping day and what an experience that was. I will say this, we are in so much trouble when she gets older. She is FAR too opinionated and picky about her clothes.

2 comments:

Corry's said...

Oh you just wait, it only gets worse :) Sounds like she will have a blast at school.

Cansas said...

Rylie is so cute! I'm glad to hear another child woke up at the crack of dawn the first day of school. If only their excitement for school continued through high school...