Here he is on the morning of his race. Drew's mom is on a mission in SLC and she was nice enough to let us stay at her apartment so we didn't have to get a hotel. It also made is so we could just walk to the finish line.
This is his friend Randy that ran the race with him...they also bike together and he lives in our ward. He is a GREAT guy.
Here he is coming into the finish, I was so happy to capture a shot with him and a HUGE smile on his face. I guess it wasn't as bad as he thought..... he actually did really well considering this was his first marathon. He did start cramping at mile 15 (did not drink enough) so that slowed him down a bit but he still finished under 4 hours (3:50) which to me is amazing and I am so proud of him. Now if I could just get him to do a race with me....




2 comments:
that is fabulous. Jason would have loved to run with Drew. We wish they wouldn't do all the marathons on Sunday here (not for me, for Jason). You guys are inspirations.
He's a talented guy. Running, biking...he can do everything, and he excels at it too! Good job Drew.
Post a Comment