
Well today was the big day for me and my 2 friends Nikki and Angie, we did the Provo River Woods 1/2 marathon. Though we are excited it is over we are so glad we did it, it is such a great accomplishment. We had to wake up at 4 in the morning, which was hard, but with the excitement and Adrenalin it was okay. We had to be there by 5am to be on the first buses, which we were, but with 2100 runners and 2097 (2094, I can't include the Cope family) of them being idiots we ended up on the last buses. Everyone kept skipping from the long lines and heading to other buses not in the line up. We weren't even to the starting line until it was suppose to start, but luckily they had to get the buses unloaded and back down the canyon before we could get started. So we ran and ran and with our bum knees we ended up doing a lot better than we anticipated. All we wanted to do was finish the race (and not be dead last), we finished it and did great on our time, I was able to finish at 2 hours 13 min. It was great fun and a really gorgeous course so if any one is thinking of doing a 1/2 marathon this is definitely recommended. Done for the year, but here we come Hobble Creek 1/2 next summer.





3 comments:
Now I feel really guilty...we did cut in line, we were in line for the bus and the people in front of us veered off to the bus closest to us and we followed the pack, I was the only one that seemed to feel bad about it. I am very sorry!!
You had a great race...good job!!
I'm proud of you guys!!! I think I MIGHT run that far if a murder was chasing me!! Way to go!
Great job! I can't say I'm jealous of the run, but I'm jealous of your commitment. Way to go!
Post a Comment