She learned to float on her tummy all by herself.
And float on your back
And dive off the side of the pool.
Rylie was so excited for swimming lessons and was quite sad to have not done the first session the boys did, but she had to be 3 first. She did so well in these lessons and went from being pretty hesitant and wouldn't stick her face in the water to jumping in the water all by herself and diving in the water and having so much more fun at the pool. She is difinately my little fish in the water and I hope it stays that way. Though her kicking skills need some work and got a good laugh from all onlookers, but she sure tried her heart out.
Nathan on the other hand is really good at swimming but even better at playing around. It was a little frustrating this round because of all the playing he did, but I have to put some of the blame on the teacher, I think he would have much rather been dancing then teaching swim lessons. I caught him numerous times stretching on the bar in the pool and acting really "weird". Anyway, needless to say Nate had a lot of time sitting so he made great use of that time and had lots of fun. He really improved too, (or he needed to be moved up in the first place), he went up 3 levels.
Here he is actually swimming!
Here too, just caught him at the right moment.
Playing around
Playing around, again.
Playing around, but he had no clue I was taking some of these pictures, I needed proof of all the fun he really had on his own.
Derrek did really good this year and even passed off all the pre-team levels and can now do the club's swim team. He has done swim team numerous times before but with a year off and going to a more rigorous club, he needed a little help. He too can be such a fish in the water and I really wish he had my desire for swim team, but not right now. I am not holding my breath, but I am hoping that he will have a change of heart and do swim team in the winter when he is not doing any other sports.




No comments:
Post a Comment