Thursday, May 20, 2010

I did it :)

I did it, I finished the Ogden Marathon last Saturday with my sister and her friend. I swore I would never do another marathon after my first one 6 years ago, but here I am. I owe my sister big time for sticking with me and helping me through clear to the end, she is wonderful and it was so nice to run with someone. It was great to be reminded of how exciting, fun and totally exhausting a marathon can be. I came out of the race with the mentality of never doing another one again. I thought I was good to close that chapter of my life. . . then you sleep on it for a couple of days and start asking questions like..... was that really that bad?....could I do better next time?.....ect. So I will give it a few months before I decided but I just might try again and see if I can run stronger next time. I was really happy about clearly beating my time on my last marathon--it wasn't what I was really hoping for but I completed it in 4:28, almost 1 full hour faster than my first marathon.


Me at the finish line

Me and my wonderful Sister, Steph

Amy, Steph and Me :)

7 comments:

Mindy Blake said...

WAY TO GO MARY! You are incredible and I wish I had the drive you do to train and run a marathon! You also look fabulous-so thin and tone!!

Corry's said...

congrats!!! That is such a great accomplishment. Not many people can say they have done a marathon (not to mention two). Great time by the way.

Kassey said...

You are amazing!! I am glad you did so good!! Maybe after the baby I can start to run!! Not that I could keep up with you!! I guess maybe I will see you around a little more now!!!

Tandy said...

You continue to amaze me!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Congrats! A whole hour off your time! That is huge!

Emily said...

Mary you are amazing! I can't believe you did another one. Good job!

Becky said...

Well, I'm very proud of you (both) but I will never be joining you in one of those races. How about a lovely little 10k?