Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Break in Moab--2008





This year for spring break we had the opportunity to go to Moab with 3 other families and do some hiking and camping. We had so much fun and like always, it just wasn't long enough. We were able to see so many cool things and left with lots of things unseen. Some of the places we were able to visit were in Canyon lands, Arches and Dead Horse Point. These are a few pictures from our trip.
The first 3 pictures are at dead horse point. This was such an awesome place to see but a little scary, the drop offs were amazing. The views from here definitely made you want to have the death grip on your children the whole time. The bottom right picture was at the sand dunes which by far was my kids favorite hike. I think it was a total of .2 miles and it opened up to the coolest sand. They had a blast taking off their shoes and goofing around here.

The top right picture is part of a few of the kids that went with us on this trip, there were total of 15 kids under the age of 10. When we went into a restaurant we made a lot of heads turn in our direction. The bottom left is a picture of most of our group hiking delicate arch. The top left and bottom right pictures are at the top of delicate arch. These pictures don't do it justice because the wind was blowing like crazy and both kids were scared to death, they were holding on to me for dear life. I will have to give it to my kids though, they did this hike which was 3 miles round trip with out much whining. They got scared on top and weren't able to enjoy that part of it much but they were such troopers.
This last hike was one of our favorites and one Drew and I had never done. It is the mesa arch and the first picture we are in front of it and to our right is a huge drop off, there was not much wiggle room for this picture. Their was a guy there who was willing to stand on an edge and take this picture of us and a few of the other families we were with. The right picture is a straight shot of the arch and the ground below. We actually lost a few hats from the group at this edge.

5 comments:

Corry's said...

Oh, I am so jealous. I love Arches. We used to go there every spring break growing up. We took the kids there but Joshua was only four and Bree, just one, so they don't remember anything really. I'd love to take them back someday.

Anonymous said...

My first reaction was to wish I could have been there and then I wondered if I could have survived the hikes and it is probably best I stayed home. I have seen dead horse point before but not arches and the was when I was pregnant with Jason. Maybe we should consider that for a family vacation? I am still looking for a place that would be right for all ages. - Grandma Corry

charmy said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Moab is beautiful! I like the new look of your blog, Mary. You'll have to tell me how you got the pictures up in blocks of 4. I can't figure out how to put them where I want, they just end up where they end up!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tra La La Shelley said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Glad you could all get away for a fun break. Love. Mom