Sunday, February 7, 2010

Show Stopper!



Derrek and Nathan have been doing basketball this year and had a game yesterday. We were at Derrek's game and all was going fairly well, other than the other teams support system was getting a little fired up. Then at the peak of game performance, a basketball explodes sending ripples of worried looks and horror on peoples faces. Yep it all boils down to us--we stopped the whole game. Everyone was frantically looking around the refs stopped the game asking "what was that noise?" I quietly said to the people around me, "it was just our basketball!" I am not sure the crowd settled down until news of what happened was able to ripple down to each individual and we had the ball in our hands to prove it. And from that point on we got the turn of the heads and little chuckles as I am sure people made their assumptions as to why our basketball blew up. It was awesome and I love it when all eyes are on us. One of those freak things that I have never seen happen. We had been playing with that ball for the last 3 days outside, inside and to practice and to Nate's game. I don't know what finally made it blow, but it couldn't have picked a better time.

2 comments:

Tandy said...

That is hilarious Mary! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see your face. Unbelievable!

Corry's said...

So, did it just blow up or was someone sitting on it or something? that is too funny.