Saturday, June 28, 2008

First Swim Meet!!!

Today was Derrek's first swim meet of the summer and it was so fun to watch him do his events. These first two pictures, Derrek is on the block getting ready for the 25 yard butterfly. He is just like a fish and I am so impressed with him every time I get to see him swim. I think in the fly he took 3rd place in his heat and did a pretty awesome job, though you could tell the last few yards were very tiring on him.

Here Derrek is competing in the 50 yard freestyle, for those of you who don't know, you have to go to one of the pool and back. He was quite shocked to learn that he had to do 50 yards instead of 25 but again he totally rocked and he took 1st place. He is such a smooth swimmer and could be really good if he keeps it up. (I hope, I hope, I hope!)

This is just a picture of Nathan and Rylie trying so hard to be patient. They of course have nothing to keep them occupied so they started to loose it after 2 hours. I did finally take them home while Drew and Derrek stayed behind to finish up the events. Derrek had one more event and after waiting it out for another hour and learning it would still be another hour he finally came home too. It is hard for them to be there that long and I don't' want him to hate it and not look forward to the swim meets. Way to go Derrek you did so good today.

3 comments:

Chelsi said...

Way to go Derrek! I think Sam is excited to sign-up next year!

Becky said...

Good job, Derrek! Keep up the good work!
Maybe you could get some of his swimming on video for us to see...

Corry's said...

Derrek you're awesome, nice job. Keep up the great work, you've got some talent there.