Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Yard Work



We are trying desperately to get our yard in order and took advantage of the beautiful day on Saturday. We got all the compost we need for our garden and got that tilled in. We also planted raspberries and strawberries. I hope they work out this year. I took a gardening class for six weeks (I need all the help I can get) anyway he said that if I do my strawberries right, I should get 100-150 berries per plant. I planted 40 plants so you do the math, we are going to have them coming out our ears (if I do it right) The bottom picture doesn't do it justice but Rylie does indeed have compost on her from head to toe and for those of you who don't know what is in this stuff, let me go ahead and tell you---SEWAGE WASTE!!! Yes, she was a lovely sight.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Well, I can't say that poop is my favorite thing to play in but I'm sure the kids had fun and I'm sure that your plants will love it. I'm happy that Brian does all outside stuff. My allergies keep me away from plants and animals as much as possible.
PS. Save some strawberries for me!

charmy said...

What are you going to do with all those strawberries? Send some our way, we love them. I have tried strawberries, but the birds always get them before I do! Let me know how you get past that.

Corry's said...

Yummy, good luck with the fruit. I love fresh raspberries. I have to settle for the store brand of strawberries, and just don't get raspberries. We just haven't attempted a garden here in Texas. We loved it in Utah, but it is a lot of extra work here. I'm not sure that is an excuse but I am using it anyway.