Sunday, July 27, 2008

24th of July

It isn't your traditional way to celebrate the 24th of July but it was definitely the pioneer way. I will say this though, we had lots of fun doing it. We spent the day at Drew's sister's future home that they are building doing what ever we could to help them out. They are in the process of back filling the basement, getting ready to pour the floor. Typically you might get a back hoe to do this but that wasn't going to happen over the holiday and for those who know the Corry family, you don't waist a day just because of that. So we filled wheel barrows one at a time and dumped it over the walls and filled in the floor. We finally got smart and actually started filling 2 wheelbarrows at a time and it went a little faster. We definitely got our work out this day and we also had some good laughs.
It has been a running joke among the Corry's that Drew is the "thick" one. This started a few years ago when his brother, Austin, was trying to say that he had a more muscular build then the other brothers. The compliment did not come out in a very good way. While trying to work the wheel barrow the one that Austin was handling blew a tire and was a little difficult to manage. Austin and his "petite frame" could not handle the task. Luckily I was there to bail him out. Becky and I proved that women can handle a wheel barrow just as good as the men.
We had a great day and are very thankful to Becky and Chris for letting our family help out with their new home.

1 comment:

Corry's said...

Huh, sounds fun, I guess, if you like that physical labor sort of stuff (like all the Corrys). I guess you can tell I am only a Corry by marriage, cuz, I could think of a lot of things more exciting than hauling concrete. Hey, Mary, you have truely become a Corry at heart, good for you. I guess I'm just lazy at heart, but Jason still loves me :)