Friday, October 17, 2008

Derrek's Birthday



Saturday was Derrek's birthday and I am a little late at posting but here it is.
We started the day off doing The Red Ribbon 5k and a 1 mile fun run. I was actually the only one that did the 5K and Drew and the kids did the 1 mile run. Derrek was a little hesitant to do this but he finally agreed that this would be a good thing. It was really cold when we first started off and when I was finishing there were actually a few flakes of snow coming down. It was lots of fun and the boys were really excited that they got a long sleeve t-shirt for doing the race. I was really proud of them too, both boys ran the full mile without even stopping and they did it at a pretty fast pace too.
We then went home to warm up and and shower and get ready for the day and then headed for the movies. We went to see Wall-E, the boys choice, and patiently sat through that. I would not suggest it to anyone, but that is just my opinion. The rest of the day we spent mostly at home, Derrek got a few Lego sets that he really wanted to spend the day building and then he also got Madden 09 for the WII and so that is what we did. I made him and ice cream sand which cake and pictures of that will come, I didn't put them on my flash drive so I don't have them with me right now. All in all it was a great day, I just can't believe I have a 10 year old, YIKES!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Derrek! Wow ten years old you are getting so big!

Chelsi said...

Happy Birthday Derrek, am sure Samantha would wish you a Happy Birthday also!! heheheh Mary we need to stay in touch, because in 11 years I'm setting those two up! He such a great kid!

Corry's said...

Wow, a 10 year old, I guess that means you are old too, Mary!!! :) Kids do that to you. Happy late b-day Derrek.